3rd International Conference on Live Interfaces School of Media, Film and Music – University of Sussex, Brighton.
Dates: June 28th – July 2nd, 2016.
Registration is now open for the International Conference on Live Interfaces in Brighton this summer. This biennial conference brings together people working with live interfaces in the performing arts, including music, the visual arts, dance, puppetry, robotics or games. The conference scope is highly interdisciplinary but with a focus on interface technologies of expression in the area of performance. Topics of liveness, immediacy, presence (and tele-presence), mediation, collaboration and timing or flow are engaged with and questioned in order to gain a deeper understanding of the role contemporary media technologies play in human expression.
The conference consists of paper presentations, performances, interactive installations, poster demonstrations, a doctoral colloquium and workshops. Works engaging with the principles and assumptions governing interaction design, including perspectives from art, philosophy, product design and engineering are specially invited.
- Stuart Nolan (magician)
- Kristina Andersen (instrument maker)
- Roman Paska (puppeteer)
- Magnetic Resonator Piano (Andrew McPherson)
- The halldorophone (Halldor Ulfarsson)
- Sound and Space: Performing Music for Organ and Electronics (Lauren Redhead and Alistair Zaldua)
- A Practical and Theoretical Introduction to Chaotic Musical Systems (Tristan Clutterbuck, Tom Mudd and Dario Sanfilippo)
- Making High-Performance Embedded Instruments with Bela and Pure Data (Giulio Moro, Astrid Bin, Robert Jack, Christian Heinrichs and Andrew McPherson)
- Distributed Agency in Performance (Paul Stapleton, Simon Waters, Owen Green and Nicholas Ward)
- Interfacing the Txalaparta Workshop (Enrike Hurtado)
The conference, including performances and installations, will take place at the newly renovated Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts. We will publish final performance, installations and paper programme when closer in time.
There is a doctoral colloquium on Wednesday 29th of June and a Brighton Modular Meet on Sunday, 3rd of July.
We look forward to welcome you to the University of Sussex for the ICLI conference this summer.