::::: May 5th - May 6th @ Newhaven Community Garden, Newhaven :::::
Join us for newhaven soundcamp over the International Dawn Chorus weekend of 5th to 6th May 2018, when small groups of people around the world will sleep outside and listen.
International Dawn Chorus Day is a world wide celebration of the dawn chorus initiated by the Wildlife Trusts to raise awareness of the deep importance of nature conservation and close relationship between human wellbeing and that of all other living species.
Newhaven Soundcamp is part of REVEIL, an network of open mics around the world. Instigated by arts collective soundcamp, REVEIL curates a live radio broadcast from these listening points as the sun rises around the globe on the International Dawn Chorus weekend.
Newhaven Soundcamp is a small scale event for local residents to act as a simple, potent point for ecological, social, intellectual, aesthetic and spiritual engagement with the soundscape of Newhaven. It links this spot on Sussex Downs Biosphere (The Living Coast) to an international network of site of ecological and sonic interest.
The broadcast will be made using a DIY radio transmitter constructed from a raspberry Pi and will feature on the Resonance FM broadcast early on Sunday morning - or check out links below.
- Further information and free tickets for Newhaven Soundcamp
- listen to the curated stream on International Dawn Chorus Day
- Listen in to the Newhaven mic on the locussonus sound map - this will be streaming all weekend
- More about Soundcamp and links other soundcamps around the world
- Information on building your own DIY radio transmitter
- Further info on solar panels for off grid streaming
- The Living Coast
- Newhaven Community garden
On May 3, Prof Almo Farina will be giving a talk on his pioneering work in Ecoacoustics - all welcome.